Jabra Engage 55 Wireless ANC DECT Headset (USB-A/USB-C)
Jabra Engage 55 Wireless ANC DECT Headset (USB-A/USB-C) P/N: 9559-450-111 - 2 Years Local Warranty
Have better conversations, both at home and in the office, with the Jabra Engage 55. This intuitive headset is designed for those who spend most of their day in calls or virtual meetings, giving you an extensive wireless range and the highest levels of security, for maximum peace of mind. Whether you’re working from home or a busy office, Engage 55 will keep you sounding professional for every single conversation, no matter what’s happening around you.
Professional grade conversations
When you’re in back-to-back calls or virtual meetings, every word matters. Engage 55 features an impressive noise-cancelling microphone that helps block out background noise to keep you sounding like a pro, whichever office you’re working from. The speakers are optimized for speech clarity, while wideband audio delivers crisp, crystal clear, natural-sounding calls. So you can wave goodbye to crackly, robotic-sounding voices and say hello to more engaging conversations
Easy USB connectivity
From the moment you first unbox your new Engage 55, you’re ready to start having seamless, easy calls. Just plug the pre-paired USB DECT adapter into your computer and you’re good to go. With this easy-to-use, single-connectivity headset, you’re never more than a few seconds from your first call on your computer.
Works with everything
Whichever communication platform you use, Engage 55 is ready. It works with all leading Unified Communications (UC) and contact centre platforms for a seamless experience. The UC variant is certified for Google Meet, Zoom and more, while the Microsoft variant is certified for Microsoft Teams.
Freedom to move
Whether you’re working from home or in the office, it’s nice to have the freedom to move around. Engage 55’s compact USB DECT adapter delivers a wireless range of up to 150m from your computer and also makes it easy for you to move about with your laptop while you’re on a call. Head to the kitchen for a coffee or walk a few laps of the office, without worrying about whether your connection will hold.
Power. Range. Security
DECT wireless is specifically designed for wireless communications, making it an ideal choice for call-intensive workers who need additional mobility. In fact, the DECT wireless range of Engage 55 is up to 15 times the average range of a Class 2 Bluetooth® device. And if you’re working in a busy office, DECT wireless is built to withstand the density of large numbers of people working in the same place, so you’ll get a clear, robust and secure connection for your conversations.
Secure conversations. 256-bit encryption
However you’re working these days, if your conversations often include sensitive details, it’s important to know that the data is protected. The ultra-secure wireless adapter for Engage 55 is DECT Security certified. But because your data security is so important to us, we go beyond the DECT Security Step C level with additional FIPS military-grade 256-bit encryption algorithms, to prevent eavesdropping and keep conversations secure.
As flexible as your schedule
Whether you’re hot desking or switching it up between home and the office, our durable Link 400 adapter is built to withstand the demands of your day. It’s designed to bend, reducing the risk of damage even if you leave it plugged into your laptop. Perfect for companies with clear desk policies or workers who like a change of scenery.
Lightweight, all-day comfort
An uncomfortable headset can really distract your focus from the conversation. That’s why we’ve made sure Engage 55 is lightweight, with a low clamping force, to avoid pressure and heat build-up. So even when you’re in back-to-back calls all day, you can rely on your headset to help you keep your cool.
- We’ve engineered Engage 55 with SafeToneTM 2.0, for superior built-in hearing protection. What’s SafeTone 2.0 made up of? This advanced technology protects your hearing well-being, while also helping to prevent the virtual conversation fatigue that can result from poor audio.
- PeakStop™ prevents sudden loud audio spikes
- IntelliTone™ 2.0 limits overall audio exposure
- Speech Level Normalization and Intelligent Acoustic Shock Prevention maintain comfortable audio levels throughout the day
Always a step ahead
There’s plenty to love about Engage 55 from the word ‘go’ and our firmware updates will keep it running in peak condition. Our Jabra Xpress and Jabra Direct software will keep your headset up-to-date and running as smoothly as the day you unboxed it, for many years to come.
Protect your focus
The built-in busylight on Engage 55 helps you wave goodbye to interruptions. Automatically glowing red when you’re on a call, it shows anyone nearby that you’re in ‘do not disturb’ mode.
Ready when you are
With up to 13 hours* of battery life, you’re unlikely to run out of juice mid-flow. But in the unlikely event that you do hear the dreaded ‘battery low’, easy in-call charging2 means you’ll never drop a call. Simply plug the cable in and carry on the conversation.
Multiple wearing styles
Because everyone’s preferences are different, Engage 55 is available in three different wearing styles to suit any working preference, with a stereo, mono and a convertible model that comes with an earhook, neckband and headband, so you can pick the style that suits you best.
You May Also Like:
The Jabra™ Evolve2 75 MS Stereo ANC Headset Comes with USB-A Wireless Adapter (Black)
- Computer Jabra Link 400 DECT adapter with USB-A or USB-C variant. Extensive, secure range up to 150m/490ft from your computer
- Single connectivity Connect to your computer
- Device pairing Pair a single headset to your computer. Conference in up to an additional 3 headsets on calls
- Microphone Dual Microphone – ECM Uni-Directional and Analog MEMS system (stereo/mono); ECM Uni-Directional Microphone (convertible)
- Speakers Professional grade for exceptional speech clarity
- Sidetone Yes
- Stereo sound Yes – stereo model only
- Secure DECT Level C Uses FIPS 140-2 algorithms to exceed DECT Security Step C standards
- Ease of use
- Rechargable battery Up to 13 hours battery life for stereo/mono, up to 9 hours for convertible.
- Spare battery available as an accessory for stereo/mono
- Busylight Busylight acts as a do-not-disturb sign to prevent interruptions
- Easy charging Charging cable supplied
- Optional charging stand Easy charging and docking with the optional charging stand
- Call management Answer/reject calls; increase/decrease speaker volume; mute
- Comfort & wellbeing
- Ear cushions Non-clamping, soft leatherette ear cushions keep ears cool and comfortable, for all-day wear
- Lightweight Stereo 83g/2.93oz, mono 57g/2.01oz, convertible 21g/0.63oz
- Hearing protection SafeToneTM 2.0 (comprises PeakStopTM, intelligent acoustic shock protection, speech level normalization, and IntelliToneTM 2.0)
- Software integration
- Device management and firmware upgrades
- Use Jabra Xpress and Jabra Direct to manage and configure
- UC and MS variants Choose from UC or Microsoft Teams variants
- Wearing styles Stereo, mono, and convertible. Convertible comes with earhook, neckband and headband
- Microsoft Teams certified. Meets the Premium Microphone for Open Office standard (stereo and mono variants)
Frequently asked questions
How does Engage 55 differ from Engage 65 or 75?
- The Jabra Engage 55 features a new flexible, durable USB DECT adapter instead of a wireless base, making it even easier to move around with your computer during calls and to switch between work environments.
How do I charge the headset?
- You can buy Engage 55 with or without a charging stand to suit your needs. If you buy the headset without a charging stand, it still comes with a charging cable that enables in-call charging for stereo and mono variants (not recommended for convertible models).
Can I connect the Engage 55 headset to my smartphone?
- No, Engage 55 only enables single connectivity to your PC or Mac. There is no Bluetooth connectivity. (If you require Bluetooth connectivity, we recommend the Engage 75 which allows connection to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time).
Does it work with Mac and PC?
- Yes, it works with both systems.
How do I connect the USB adapter to the headset?
- The Link 400 adapter comes pre-paired with the Engage 55 headset
Does the microphone meet the Premium Microphone for Open Office standard and what does that mean?
- Yes it does. This qualification is the strictest test requirement of how the headset microphone suppresses surrounding noise and office conversation from multiple directions. It is the ultimate reassurance that your headset will excel in an open office environment.
How long is the warranty period for Jabra Engage 55?
- The warranty period for EMEA and APAC is two years and one year for North America.
Can I adjust the speaker volume, answer, end and mute calls with Engage 55?
- Yes, simple controls on the headset enable you to easily control calls.
Is the battery replaceable?
- Yes, a replacement battery is available as an accessory for stereo and mono versions.
How is the 150m range measured?
- The 150m range is measured by “Line of sight” (LIS), which shows how far the headset can be from the adapter without affecting its ability to deliver clear conversations. Range performance can be affected by different factors, including dense building structure – such as the number of thick walls between the adapter and the headset – and connection density in an office, e.g. how many people are sharing access to the same network.
Compatible with your platform